Cooking time: 5 minutes
bowl, grater, knife
2 slices of bread
1 ounce of grated cheese
3 teaspoons of tomato puree
1 dtsp of finely chopped green pepper
1 dtsp of finely chopped onion
1 dtsp of margarine or butter
Pinch of chili powder
Quarter teaspoon of celery salt
Quarter teaspoon of oregano
1. Toast the bread on one side.
2. Meanwhile combine all the other ingredients, except the oregano, in a bowl.
3. Spread the mixture on the untoasted side of the bread and sprinkle with oregano.
4. Return to the grill and toast until the cheese bubbles.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Knife, baking tray
1 lb of small potatoes
2 to 3 teaspoons of oil
Half an ounce of butter or margarine
1 ounce of cheese, finely sliced
1. Peel the potatoes
2. Starting at one end make slices about 3mm apart all the way along the potato to within 1 cm of the bottom of it. Be very careful not to cut it all the way through.
3. Lay out the potatoes on the baking tray and pour the oil over them. Sprinkle with salt
4. Roast for about twenty minutes, take them out of the oven, and put the knob of butter on top of each one. Return them to the oven.
5. The potatoes will need to cook for about 40 minutes altogether.
6. When they seem to be within 10 minutes of being cooked (crisp and golden brown) and the fans have opened out, carefully place a slice of cheese on top of each potato and return it to the oven to melt